Christmas comes early at Orchard House care home in Wisbech - thanks to festive donation from Tesco community champion Toni
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for residents at Orchard House care home today thanks to Tesco Wisbech’s community champion.
Toni Bird donated decorations and a new Christmas tree after reading a post on a community Facebook page from someone saying the care home where their mum lives had had all their Christmas donations thrown out by accident.
Miss Bird said: “They were over the moon. They had nothing, but we gave them a new Christmas tree, tinsel and other decorations.
“I took them along this afternoon and they were really grateful.
“The home could still do with more because it’s quite large. What we’ve given them is probably just enough to cover the foyer.
You may also want to watch:
“We think the old decorations and tree might have been thrown out by the previous manager.
“One of the staff members there said the donation will make the residents Christmas. It was really sweet.”
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
If anyone would like to donate more Christmas items they can take them directly to Orchard House care home in Wisbech.