Christmas comes early at Orchard House care home in Wisbech - thanks to festive donation from Tesco community champion Toni
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for residents at Orchard House care home today thanks to Tesco Wisbech’s community champion.
Toni Bird donated decorations and a new Christmas tree after reading a post on a community Facebook page from someone saying the care home where their mum lives had had all their Christmas donations thrown out by accident.
Miss Bird said: “They were over the moon. They had nothing, but we gave them a new Christmas tree, tinsel and other decorations.
“I took them along this afternoon and they were really grateful.
“The home could still do with more because it’s quite large. What we’ve given them is probably just enough to cover the foyer.
You may also want to watch:
“We think the old decorations and tree might have been thrown out by the previous manager.
“One of the staff members there said the donation will make the residents Christmas. It was really sweet.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
If anyone would like to donate more Christmas items they can take them directly to Orchard House care home in Wisbech.