Christmas comes early at Orchard House care home in Wisbech - thanks to festive donation from Tesco community champion Toni
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for residents at Orchard House care home today thanks to Tesco Wisbech’s community champion.
Toni Bird donated decorations and a new Christmas tree after reading a post on a community Facebook page from someone saying the care home where their mum lives had had all their Christmas donations thrown out by accident.
Miss Bird said: “They were over the moon. They had nothing, but we gave them a new Christmas tree, tinsel and other decorations.
“I took them along this afternoon and they were really grateful.
“The home could still do with more because it’s quite large. What we’ve given them is probably just enough to cover the foyer.
You may also want to watch:
“We think the old decorations and tree might have been thrown out by the previous manager.
“One of the staff members there said the donation will make the residents Christmas. It was really sweet.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
If anyone would like to donate more Christmas items they can take them directly to Orchard House care home in Wisbech.