Christmas comes early at Orchard House care home in Wisbech - thanks to festive donation from Tesco community champion Toni
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for residents at Orchard House care home today thanks to Tesco Wisbech’s community champion.
Toni Bird donated decorations and a new Christmas tree after reading a post on a community Facebook page from someone saying the care home where their mum lives had had all their Christmas donations thrown out by accident.
Miss Bird said: “They were over the moon. They had nothing, but we gave them a new Christmas tree, tinsel and other decorations.
“I took them along this afternoon and they were really grateful.
“The home could still do with more because it’s quite large. What we’ve given them is probably just enough to cover the foyer.
“We think the old decorations and tree might have been thrown out by the previous manager.
“One of the staff members there said the donation will make the residents Christmas. It was really sweet.”
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 5 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 6 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
If anyone would like to donate more Christmas items they can take them directly to Orchard House care home in Wisbech.