Christmas comes early at Orchard House care home in Wisbech - thanks to festive donation from Tesco community champion Toni
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for residents at Orchard House care home today thanks to Tesco Wisbech’s community champion.
Toni Bird donated decorations and a new Christmas tree after reading a post on a community Facebook page from someone saying the care home where their mum lives had had all their Christmas donations thrown out by accident.
Miss Bird said: “They were over the moon. They had nothing, but we gave them a new Christmas tree, tinsel and other decorations.
“I took them along this afternoon and they were really grateful.
“The home could still do with more because it’s quite large. What we’ve given them is probably just enough to cover the foyer.
“We think the old decorations and tree might have been thrown out by the previous manager.
“One of the staff members there said the donation will make the residents Christmas. It was really sweet.”
- 1 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy students pitch to the ‘dragons’ for new sports club
- 8 Memories of Meat Loaf in Norfolk following the news of his death
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
If anyone would like to donate more Christmas items they can take them directly to Orchard House care home in Wisbech.