Christmas came early for two members of staff at Skylark Country Garden Centre
CHRISTMAS came early for two members of staff at the Skylark Country Garden Centre at Wimblington when Fenland District Council turned up bearing gifts that recognised their hard work. Bart Woodbine, Skylark s store manager, and Andromeda Kennington, the
CHRISTMAS came early for two members of staff at the Skylark Country Garden Centre at Wimblington when Fenland District Council turned up bearing gifts that recognised their hard work.
Bart Woodbine, Skylark's store manager, and Andromeda Kennington, the caf� manager, were presented with certificates gained for completing the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health's Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course.
Cllr Peter Murphy, FDC's portfolio holder responsible for environmental health, and course tutor Vanessa Smithers handed over the certificates on the shop floor - and Santa popped up to oversee the ceremony.
The seven-hour course covers all aspects of health and safety, including first aid, risk assessment, manual handling and occupational health. It is one of a number of training courses delivered by the Food and Safety team, which is also responsible for inspecting premises and ensuring that they meet the required standards.
You may also want to watch:
Delivering low-cost training is one of the main ways in which the team helps businesses to ensure that their workplaces are safe. Courses are delivered either at Fenland Hall in March or the Boathouse business centre in Wisbech or at businesses' own premises. The team also sends out a twice-yearly newsletter and has produced a free health and safety workbook.
For more details, call Vanessa Smithers, FDC food and safety officer, on 01354 654321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months