Christians Against Poverty in Fenland offers tips to say 'I love you' this Valentines Day for free
IN the run-up to Valentine s Day a debt counselling service in Fenland has issued top tips to help local residents say I love you for free. Christians Against Poverty, which operates a centre in Fenland in partnership with the Centenary Baptist Church,
IN the run-up to Valentine's Day a debt counselling service in Fenland has issued top tips to help local residents say 'I love you' for free.
Christians Against Poverty, which operates a centre in Fenland in partnership with the Centenary Baptist Church, says it is possible for people to express their love without spending any money.
Sue Bradshaw, centre manager in Fenland, said: "Whilst we all love receiving gifts and cards on Valentine's Day, this year things are going to be financially tough for many."
"The serious reality is that many in Fenland are trapped in unmanageable debt. If anyone is in financial difficulty, please don't bury your head in the sand. Seek help as soon as possible. CAP'S service is totally free and open to all, regardless of whether you're a Christian or not."
• For more information on CAP call 0800 328 0006 or visit www.capuk.org.
Some top tips from Christians Against Poverty for Valentine's Day
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 10 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
• Write a poem to your loved one
• Serenade them with a love song
• Do the chores to show you care
• Make your own card
• Write a love message in the sand
• Do a 'memory storm' and recount best memories