Christians Against Poverty in Fenland offers tips to say 'I love you' this Valentines Day for free
IN the run-up to Valentine s Day a debt counselling service in Fenland has issued top tips to help local residents say I love you for free. Christians Against Poverty, which operates a centre in Fenland in partnership with the Centenary Baptist Church,
IN the run-up to Valentine's Day a debt counselling service in Fenland has issued top tips to help local residents say 'I love you' for free.
Christians Against Poverty, which operates a centre in Fenland in partnership with the Centenary Baptist Church, says it is possible for people to express their love without spending any money.
Sue Bradshaw, centre manager in Fenland, said: "Whilst we all love receiving gifts and cards on Valentine's Day, this year things are going to be financially tough for many."
"The serious reality is that many in Fenland are trapped in unmanageable debt. If anyone is in financial difficulty, please don't bury your head in the sand. Seek help as soon as possible. CAP'S service is totally free and open to all, regardless of whether you're a Christian or not."
You may also want to watch:
• For more information on CAP call 0800 328 0006 or visit www.capuk.org.
Some top tips from Christians Against Poverty for Valentine's Day
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
• Write a poem to your loved one
• Serenade them with a love song
• Do the chores to show you care
• Make your own card
• Write a love message in the sand
• Do a 'memory storm' and recount best memories