Choirs are in fine voice at Thomas Clarkson Academy
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy was alive with the sound of music as members of the Saturday Music School’s choirs rehearsed for two upcoming performances.
The choirs were formed to support local singers who want the opportunity to rehearse and perform with other like-minded people and they are going from strength to strength with more members joining each week.
Gayna O’Rourke, subject leader for music, said: “The two choirs are open to all and there is no need to audition, just turn up and sing.
“We have the adult community choir that rehearses from 10am to 11am and the Children’s Choir that rehearse from 11am to 12pm.”
Two concerts are planned for the choirs in December – one on Saturday December 13 at St Peter’s Church, Wisbech, and the other is Thomas Clarkson Academy’s expressive arts evening on December 18 in the school’s theatre.
You may also want to watch:
“These will be great opportunities for our members to showcase their talent and for the local community to see what we can do,” said Mrs O’Rourke.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began