Choirs are in fine voice at Thomas Clarkson Academy
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy was alive with the sound of music as members of the Saturday Music School’s choirs rehearsed for two upcoming performances.
The choirs were formed to support local singers who want the opportunity to rehearse and perform with other like-minded people and they are going from strength to strength with more members joining each week.
Gayna O’Rourke, subject leader for music, said: “The two choirs are open to all and there is no need to audition, just turn up and sing.
“We have the adult community choir that rehearses from 10am to 11am and the Children’s Choir that rehearse from 11am to 12pm.”
Two concerts are planned for the choirs in December – one on Saturday December 13 at St Peter’s Church, Wisbech, and the other is Thomas Clarkson Academy’s expressive arts evening on December 18 in the school’s theatre.
You may also want to watch:
“These will be great opportunities for our members to showcase their talent and for the local community to see what we can do,” said Mrs O’Rourke.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide