Choirs are in fine voice at Thomas Clarkson Academy
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy was alive with the sound of music as members of the Saturday Music School’s choirs rehearsed for two upcoming performances.
The choirs were formed to support local singers who want the opportunity to rehearse and perform with other like-minded people and they are going from strength to strength with more members joining each week.
Gayna O’Rourke, subject leader for music, said: “The two choirs are open to all and there is no need to audition, just turn up and sing.
“We have the adult community choir that rehearses from 10am to 11am and the Children’s Choir that rehearse from 11am to 12pm.”
Two concerts are planned for the choirs in December – one on Saturday December 13 at St Peter’s Church, Wisbech, and the other is Thomas Clarkson Academy’s expressive arts evening on December 18 in the school’s theatre.
You may also want to watch:
“These will be great opportunities for our members to showcase their talent and for the local community to see what we can do,” said Mrs O’Rourke.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening