Children write and record song as part of Ely Cathedral Science Festival
- Credit: Archant
Children from Anthony Curton and Tilney All Saints Primary School have written and then recorded a song at Ely Cathedral as part of this month’s science festival.
Jane Murray, of the schools, said: “After six hours the children came up with their song ‘Sing It Loud and Sing It Proud’ and had written the lyrics and melody.
“When the children arrived at Ely Cathedral, they were full of excitement at the prospect of recording their song, and the nerves kicked in as they stood in front of the cameras and microphones.
“Supported by the music coordinator team from Anthony Curton and Tilney All Saints, the children performed with confidence and precision.
One of the music coordinators said: “We are incredibly proud of the children and the song they have written and performed.”
The song will be published in a hymn book for schools and will be available to watch on YouTube in around a month’s time.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 6 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash