Children write and record song as part of Ely Cathedral Science Festival
- Credit: Archant
Children from Anthony Curton and Tilney All Saints Primary School have written and then recorded a song at Ely Cathedral as part of this month’s science festival.
Jane Murray, of the schools, said: “After six hours the children came up with their song ‘Sing It Loud and Sing It Proud’ and had written the lyrics and melody.
“When the children arrived at Ely Cathedral, they were full of excitement at the prospect of recording their song, and the nerves kicked in as they stood in front of the cameras and microphones.
“Supported by the music coordinator team from Anthony Curton and Tilney All Saints, the children performed with confidence and precision.
One of the music coordinators said: “We are incredibly proud of the children and the song they have written and performed.”
You may also want to watch:
The song will be published in a hymn book for schools and will be available to watch on YouTube in around a month’s time.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 3 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 4 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 5 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 6 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 9 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park