Children enjoy Halloween fun day at Oasis Centre in Wisbech
BLINDFOLDED children drew obscure monsters as part of Halloween family learning day at a community centre in Wisbech.
The Oasis Centre, on St Michaels Avenue, held the fun day which attracted nearly 40 families to decorate cookies and cakes and paint Halloween models and signs. Children also made windsocks with streamers.
Christine Stevens, manager of the Oasis, said: “Overall we had more than 120 people turn up to enjoy the fun activities. I never knew how fun making windsocks was.
“PCSO Stephen Staniforth judged the fancy dress competition and I’m glad I didn’t have to judge it as all the children put so much effort in and looked great.
“Everybody really enjoyed the event and they are looking forward to next year.”
You may also want to watch:
Staff from Taste Buddies, run by the NHS, came to teach the older children to learn how to cook balanced and healthy meals, whilst the NHS also gave health checks to visitors.
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor