Children enjoy Halloween fun day at Oasis Centre in Wisbech
BLINDFOLDED children drew obscure monsters as part of Halloween family learning day at a community centre in Wisbech.
The Oasis Centre, on St Michaels Avenue, held the fun day which attracted nearly 40 families to decorate cookies and cakes and paint Halloween models and signs. Children also made windsocks with streamers.
Christine Stevens, manager of the Oasis, said: “Overall we had more than 120 people turn up to enjoy the fun activities. I never knew how fun making windsocks was.
“PCSO Stephen Staniforth judged the fancy dress competition and I’m glad I didn’t have to judge it as all the children put so much effort in and looked great.
“Everybody really enjoyed the event and they are looking forward to next year.”
You may also want to watch:
Staff from Taste Buddies, run by the NHS, came to teach the older children to learn how to cook balanced and healthy meals, whilst the NHS also gave health checks to visitors.
- 1 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide