Cheque presentation at Guyhirn coffee shop in memory of two bikers
- Credit: Archant
A family-run Guyhirn coffee shop that raised £950 in memory of two bikers who tragically died just weeks apart - held a cheque presentation with their families.
The Coffee Tree Xperience, on the A47 Thorney Road, was shocked to hear that Mat Bilby and Michael Howard had both died in separate crashes on August 22 and September 6 2018.
The bikers, both in their 40s, who were regulars at The Coffee Tree Xperience, had played a big part in the cafes weekly Wednesday bike nights which run from April to October.
More than 200 people from across the country attended the tribute evening on October 3 when a disco, food and tombola were held at the café.
The money raised was split between the two families of Mat and Michael, with one half going to Macmillan Cancer Support.
You may also want to watch:
Tamara Bennett, daughter of Michael, attended the presentation alongside Adele Wright from the Wisbech Macmillan Support Group.
Tamara felt that her father would have been proud of her decision especially as the money will go towards helping local people and the Peterborough Macmillan centre based at Peterborough hospital where staff fought to save his life.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 9 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
Jo Goude, director of The Coffee Tree Xperience, said: “It went really well and both families came for the presentation.
“It was nice way to pay tribute and say thank you for the fundraising efforts of everyone.”
Winston and Clem the fundraising gorillas also donned supportive t-shirts.
The presentation took place on November 30.
The Coffee Tree Xperience will continue to raise money for Macmillan during 2019.