Cheque for over £1,000 presented to Trafford Ward, North Cambs Hopsital, by Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club at Mendi’s meeting
- Credit: Archant
Michael Bates welcomed 30 members and guests to his first meeting as chairman of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club at Mendi’s last week.
During the evening Richard Wilson, a past chairman, presented a cheque for £1,617 to Wendy Gill and Sandra Dade representing Trafford Ward, North Cambs Hospital.
Mr Bates then introduced the regional co-ordinator of the Alzheimer’s Charity, who told members about the work carried out both nationally and locally to help people with this illness.
He was then thanked for choosing the charity during his year of office.
Mr Bates then introduced Gordon Smith, a well known historian and author of Wisbech Town Football Club who gave a detailed talk on Wisbech Town in the FA Cup over many years.
You may also want to watch:
He was thanked by club member Terry Hawkins.
Future speakers booked for this year include Toby Wood, a professional poet, and Jay McGee, an ex leader singer of the Rockin Berries, Dave Boy Green, Professor Lloyd Peck, an Antarctic exployer, and Steve Daley, an ex England and Manchester City footballer.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday March 9 at Mendis, Wisbech.