CHATTERIS: Town getting ready for visit of Hatstand Opera for Lights, Camera....Action
CHATTERIS Music Society are to welcome Hatstand Opera to Chatteris Parish Church for their live show Lights, Camera… Action. In this performance the group bring music from opera and film classics. For over 14 years, Hatstand Opera has been going all arou
CHATTERIS Music Society are to welcome Hatstand Opera to Chatteris Parish Church for their live show Lights, Camera... Action.
In this performance the group bring music from opera and film classics.
For over 14 years, Hatstand Opera has been going all around the UK playing at all sorts of venues, from back gardens to Covent Garden.
Its great fun for everyone to see, with great songs, humour and dance and the performers say it is ideal family entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
The concert is on Saturday May 9 at 7.30pm and tickets are available at the door or call 01354 692009 to book.
Tickets are just �6 thanks to a generous hand out from the community awards scheme pioneered through the Cambs Times earlier this year.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
Katherine Childs the vice-chairman and publicity officer of Chatteris Music Society, said the �1,000 grant will help ensure the success of the performance.
The money has enabled the society to reduce the price of tickets from �10 to �6 and offer concessions to Under 16s and those in care homes and their carers.
Mrs Childs said: "We can now present this with confidence and we have been able to cut the price of tickets. We are truly delighted.