Driver taken to hospital following collision in Chatteris town centre
The driver of one of the vehicles involved in this morning’s collision in Chatteris town centre was taken to hospital.
The Policing Fenland Facebook page posted during this morning’s rush hour that emergency services were at the scene of the Park Street junction with Market Hill.
They were called at around 7:20am following reports of a collision between two vehicles, one of which was a red Volkswagen Up.
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release the driver of one of the vehicles involved.
The patient was then taken to Hinchingbrooke hospital in Huntingdon for a medical assessment and further treatment.
A later update on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: “The driver of one of the cars needed cutting out and has been taken off to hospital as a precaution, however their injuries are not believed to be serious, thankfully!
“A passenger in the same car was treated for minor injuries at the scene and the drive of the other vehicle was uninjured.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 Councillors reject plan to convert hotel block into housing
The road was closed while the vehicles were recovered. It has since reopened.