Driver taken to hospital following collision in Chatteris town centre
The driver of one of the vehicles involved in this morning’s collision in Chatteris town centre was taken to hospital.
The Policing Fenland Facebook page posted during this morning’s rush hour that emergency services were at the scene of the Park Street junction with Market Hill.
They were called at around 7:20am following reports of a collision between two vehicles, one of which was a red Volkswagen Up.
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release the driver of one of the vehicles involved.
The patient was then taken to Hinchingbrooke hospital in Huntingdon for a medical assessment and further treatment.
A later update on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: “The driver of one of the cars needed cutting out and has been taken off to hospital as a precaution, however their injuries are not believed to be serious, thankfully!
“A passenger in the same car was treated for minor injuries at the scene and the drive of the other vehicle was uninjured.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
The road was closed while the vehicles were recovered. It has since reopened.