Driver taken to hospital following collision in Chatteris town centre
The driver of one of the vehicles involved in this morning’s collision in Chatteris town centre was taken to hospital.
The Policing Fenland Facebook page posted during this morning’s rush hour that emergency services were at the scene of the Park Street junction with Market Hill.
They were called at around 7:20am following reports of a collision between two vehicles, one of which was a red Volkswagen Up.
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release the driver of one of the vehicles involved.
The patient was then taken to Hinchingbrooke hospital in Huntingdon for a medical assessment and further treatment.
A later update on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: “The driver of one of the cars needed cutting out and has been taken off to hospital as a precaution, however their injuries are not believed to be serious, thankfully!
“A passenger in the same car was treated for minor injuries at the scene and the drive of the other vehicle was uninjured.”
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
The road was closed while the vehicles were recovered. It has since reopened.