Driver taken to hospital following collision in Chatteris town centre
The driver of one of the vehicles involved in this morning’s collision in Chatteris town centre was taken to hospital.
The Policing Fenland Facebook page posted during this morning’s rush hour that emergency services were at the scene of the Park Street junction with Market Hill.
They were called at around 7:20am following reports of a collision between two vehicles, one of which was a red Volkswagen Up.
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release the driver of one of the vehicles involved.
The patient was then taken to Hinchingbrooke hospital in Huntingdon for a medical assessment and further treatment.
A later update on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: “The driver of one of the cars needed cutting out and has been taken off to hospital as a precaution, however their injuries are not believed to be serious, thankfully!
“A passenger in the same car was treated for minor injuries at the scene and the drive of the other vehicle was uninjured.”
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
The road was closed while the vehicles were recovered. It has since reopened.