Rooms at The Green Welly Motel and Cafe in Chatteris could become flats
- Credit: Archant
Motel rooms could be converted into flats if given the go-ahead by Fenland planners.
Plans have been submitted to convert the motel area of The Green Welly Motel and Cafe in Doddington Road, Chatteris, into five flats.
There may be two three-bedroom flats and three one-bedroom flats. It will also have a shared garden area.
The application’s Design and Access Statement explains the motel was part of the cafe and lorry park.
It says: “Use of the motel has declined in recent years with lorry drivers choosing to sleep in their lorries instead of using the motel.
You may also want to watch:
“The lorry parking has now stopped as a requirement of the new garden centre which has seen a further reduction in bookings.”
The document added that some rooms are occupied with long term residents, but they need refurbishing and the lack of bookings means the upgrade would not be financially viable.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager