Rooms at The Green Welly Motel and Cafe in Chatteris could become flats
- Credit: Archant
Motel rooms could be converted into flats if given the go-ahead by Fenland planners.
Plans have been submitted to convert the motel area of The Green Welly Motel and Cafe in Doddington Road, Chatteris, into five flats.
There may be two three-bedroom flats and three one-bedroom flats. It will also have a shared garden area.
The application’s Design and Access Statement explains the motel was part of the cafe and lorry park.
It says: “Use of the motel has declined in recent years with lorry drivers choosing to sleep in their lorries instead of using the motel.
You may also want to watch:
“The lorry parking has now stopped as a requirement of the new garden centre which has seen a further reduction in bookings.”
The document added that some rooms are occupied with long term residents, but they need refurbishing and the lack of bookings means the upgrade would not be financially viable.
- 1 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 2 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs