CHATTERIS: Fun for all the family at Chatteris Medieval Festival this weekend
STEP back in time and experience the Chatteris Medieval Festival this weekend. A medieval meal, dog show and exhibition by the Kids Are Alright Campaign, are just some of the events planned as part of the festival. Kicking off the festival on Friday ev
STEP back in time and experience the Chatteris Medieval Festival this weekend.
A medieval meal, dog show and exhibition by the Kids Are Alright Campaign, are just some of the events planned as part of the festival.
Kicking off the festival on Friday evening is a Living History Encampment for schools. Cromwell Community College, Kingsfield, Thomas Eaton and Manea School have already signed up.
Also today will be a Medieval Meal and Merriment which will take place in a marquee on Furrowfields. Those attending are encouraged to get a real taste of what life was like, not only by eating the food, but by dressing up in period costumes. Tickets are �22.50 for a four course meal.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow there will be a walking parade which will pass through the streets just before lunch. The rest of the day promises plenty of events at Furrowfields, from battles to belly dancing.
The Kids Are Alright exhibition will be available for everyone to visit, along with stalls, a beer tent and fairground ride.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
Medieval activities will continue through to Sunday with joint open air services organised by Chatteris Churches Together, story telling, stalls and much more.
Other events around the town include an art exhibition at the King Edward Centre and a Community Fayre outside the Parish Church.
Contact Joanna Melton on 01354 695166 for more information.