CHATTERIS: Fun for all the family at Chatteris Medieval Festival this weekend
STEP back in time and experience the Chatteris Medieval Festival this weekend. A medieval meal, dog show and exhibition by the Kids Are Alright Campaign, are just some of the events planned as part of the festival. Kicking off the festival on Friday ev
STEP back in time and experience the Chatteris Medieval Festival this weekend.
A medieval meal, dog show and exhibition by the Kids Are Alright Campaign, are just some of the events planned as part of the festival.
Kicking off the festival on Friday evening is a Living History Encampment for schools. Cromwell Community College, Kingsfield, Thomas Eaton and Manea School have already signed up.
Also today will be a Medieval Meal and Merriment which will take place in a marquee on Furrowfields. Those attending are encouraged to get a real taste of what life was like, not only by eating the food, but by dressing up in period costumes. Tickets are �22.50 for a four course meal.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow there will be a walking parade which will pass through the streets just before lunch. The rest of the day promises plenty of events at Furrowfields, from battles to belly dancing.
The Kids Are Alright exhibition will be available for everyone to visit, along with stalls, a beer tent and fairground ride.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Medieval activities will continue through to Sunday with joint open air services organised by Chatteris Churches Together, story telling, stalls and much more.
Other events around the town include an art exhibition at the King Edward Centre and a Community Fayre outside the Parish Church.
Contact Joanna Melton on 01354 695166 for more information.