Charity planning a Big Donation Day in Wisbech
The Horsefair Shopping Centre is encouraging residents in Wisbech to donate their unwanted items as part of the British Heart Foundation’s The Big Donation this September.
The charity, which has stores across the UK, is looking to get 40,000 bags of donated items to boost funds for this important charity.
Representatives from the charity will be in the bus station area at the Horsefair throughout from 10am until 2pm on Saturday, 11th September handing out bags to shoppers to fill and return to the shop. Bags will also be available throughout September from the store, based on the town’s Market Place.
The Wisbech store is looking for all sorts of good quality items including, clothing, shoes, accessories, CDs, DVDs, books, toys and general bric-a-brac.
For those who have larger item such as furniture to donate, should drop into the store to organise a free pick-up service.
You may also want to watch:
The British Heart Foundations’ store manager in Wisebch, Janet Kenworthy, said: “The charity’s target is 40,000 bags of stock this September. We estimate that one bag is the equivalent of �20, if the charity reaches its nation-wide target, people who have donated will have helped to raise around �8 million for the charity.”
“The Big Donation will give the local community an opportunity to support the charity and have a good clear out at the same time,” said Horsefair manager, Kevin Smith.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 5 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof
For more information on The Big Donation shoppers can drop into the Wisbech branch of the British Heart Foundation Monday – Saturday from 9:30am – 5pm or call 01945 582844.