Charity planning a Big Donation Day in Wisbech
The Horsefair Shopping Centre is encouraging residents in Wisbech to donate their unwanted items as part of the British Heart Foundation’s The Big Donation this September.
The charity, which has stores across the UK, is looking to get 40,000 bags of donated items to boost funds for this important charity.
Representatives from the charity will be in the bus station area at the Horsefair throughout from 10am until 2pm on Saturday, 11th September handing out bags to shoppers to fill and return to the shop. Bags will also be available throughout September from the store, based on the town’s Market Place.
The Wisbech store is looking for all sorts of good quality items including, clothing, shoes, accessories, CDs, DVDs, books, toys and general bric-a-brac.
For those who have larger item such as furniture to donate, should drop into the store to organise a free pick-up service.
The British Heart Foundations’ store manager in Wisebch, Janet Kenworthy, said: “The charity’s target is 40,000 bags of stock this September. We estimate that one bag is the equivalent of �20, if the charity reaches its nation-wide target, people who have donated will have helped to raise around �8 million for the charity.”
“The Big Donation will give the local community an opportunity to support the charity and have a good clear out at the same time,” said Horsefair manager, Kevin Smith.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 9 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
For more information on The Big Donation shoppers can drop into the Wisbech branch of the British Heart Foundation Monday – Saturday from 9:30am – 5pm or call 01945 582844.