Charity planning a Big Donation Day in Wisbech
The Horsefair Shopping Centre is encouraging residents in Wisbech to donate their unwanted items as part of the British Heart Foundation’s The Big Donation this September.
The charity, which has stores across the UK, is looking to get 40,000 bags of donated items to boost funds for this important charity.
Representatives from the charity will be in the bus station area at the Horsefair throughout from 10am until 2pm on Saturday, 11th September handing out bags to shoppers to fill and return to the shop. Bags will also be available throughout September from the store, based on the town’s Market Place.
The Wisbech store is looking for all sorts of good quality items including, clothing, shoes, accessories, CDs, DVDs, books, toys and general bric-a-brac.
For those who have larger item such as furniture to donate, should drop into the store to organise a free pick-up service.
You may also want to watch:
The British Heart Foundations’ store manager in Wisebch, Janet Kenworthy, said: “The charity’s target is 40,000 bags of stock this September. We estimate that one bag is the equivalent of �20, if the charity reaches its nation-wide target, people who have donated will have helped to raise around �8 million for the charity.”
“The Big Donation will give the local community an opportunity to support the charity and have a good clear out at the same time,” said Horsefair manager, Kevin Smith.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 7 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
For more information on The Big Donation shoppers can drop into the Wisbech branch of the British Heart Foundation Monday – Saturday from 9:30am – 5pm or call 01945 582844.