Pupils in Wisbech raise money for charity over Christmas period
- Credit: Archant
More than £2000 has been raised by pupils, staff and friends of Wisbech Grammar School for charity.
A series of events throughout Christmas period saw money split between East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), Scotty’s Little Soldiers, St Peter and St Paul Church and the Meadowgate Mini Bus Appeal.
Prep pupils organised a raffle, pupils, and staff donated money to wear Christmas jumpers and a collection was held at the end of the year carol service.
Pupils also raised £124 for Scotty’s Little Soldiers and donated money to St Peter and St Paul Church through a collection held at the service.
The Mirror Ball organised by Friends of Wisbech Grammar School also raised £650 for Meadowgate Academy Mini Bus Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesperson said: “We are very proud of everyone’s fundraising efforts and our chosen charities will certainly benefit from these donations.”
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police