Pupils in Wisbech raise money for charity over Christmas period
- Credit: Archant
More than £2000 has been raised by pupils, staff and friends of Wisbech Grammar School for charity.
A series of events throughout Christmas period saw money split between East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), Scotty’s Little Soldiers, St Peter and St Paul Church and the Meadowgate Mini Bus Appeal.
Prep pupils organised a raffle, pupils, and staff donated money to wear Christmas jumpers and a collection was held at the end of the year carol service.
Pupils also raised £124 for Scotty’s Little Soldiers and donated money to St Peter and St Paul Church through a collection held at the service.
The Mirror Ball organised by Friends of Wisbech Grammar School also raised £650 for Meadowgate Academy Mini Bus Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesperson said: “We are very proud of everyone’s fundraising efforts and our chosen charities will certainly benefit from these donations.”
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 3 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action