Cash raised for Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in memory of late bowls club stalwart Les Howard
- Credit: Supplied/CMB Bowls Club
More than £150 has been raised for a local day centre in the Fens in memory of CMB Bowls Club’s Les Howard.
Each year, Wisbech-based CMB Bowls Club holds a memorial match in memory of their former groundskeeper and chairman, Mr Howard.
All of the money raised at the match usually goes to the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre to help them deliver their much-needed services.
Unfortunately this year's tournament was cancelled due to lack of entrants.
Luckily, Newton Bowls Club and CMB joined forces and both donated £50 each, with a further £55 raised at the club's finals day.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £155 was handed over to Alison Strickle of the day centre on Wednesday, September 25.
This year's cancelled tournament was set to be the 18th annual match held in memory of Mr Howard.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 9 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
It is hoped that this tournament can again be run in 2020 when CMB BC moves to March Town as 'Black Cat BC'.