Cash raised for Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in memory of late bowls club stalwart Les Howard
- Credit: Supplied/CMB Bowls Club
More than £150 has been raised for a local day centre in the Fens in memory of CMB Bowls Club’s Les Howard.
Each year, Wisbech-based CMB Bowls Club holds a memorial match in memory of their former groundskeeper and chairman, Mr Howard.
All of the money raised at the match usually goes to the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre to help them deliver their much-needed services.
Unfortunately this year's tournament was cancelled due to lack of entrants.
Luckily, Newton Bowls Club and CMB joined forces and both donated £50 each, with a further £55 raised at the club's finals day.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £155 was handed over to Alison Strickle of the day centre on Wednesday, September 25.
This year's cancelled tournament was set to be the 18th annual match held in memory of Mr Howard.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
It is hoped that this tournament can again be run in 2020 when CMB BC moves to March Town as 'Black Cat BC'.