Charity darts exhibition, featuring Bobby and Richie George, hopes to fund special wheelchair for paralysed Wisbech man - qualifiers start next weekend!
- Credit: Archant
David Pearce, of Wisbech, has organised a charity darts exhibition to be held next month with the first of two qualifying rounds starting next weekend. C
The main event will feature TV presenter and former professional darts player Bobby ‘the King of Bling’ George and his son Richie ‘Rich’ George, who is following in his father’s footsteps.
It aims to raise money for local charity, Wisbech Winks Wheels, which helps to fund local man Paul Furness, who is in need of a special chin-operated wheelchair.
He was paralysed from the neck down as a result of an accident.
The qualifying rounds will take place at H20 Wisbech on Chapel Road next Saturday October 24 and Saturday November 7, both starting at 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £4 per player.
There will also be two raffles and an auction on the night of the main event.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000