Charity darts exhibition, featuring Bobby and Richie George, hopes to fund special wheelchair for paralysed Wisbech man - qualifiers start next weekend!
- Credit: Archant
David Pearce, of Wisbech, has organised a charity darts exhibition to be held next month with the first of two qualifying rounds starting next weekend. C
The main event will feature TV presenter and former professional darts player Bobby ‘the King of Bling’ George and his son Richie ‘Rich’ George, who is following in his father’s footsteps.
It aims to raise money for local charity, Wisbech Winks Wheels, which helps to fund local man Paul Furness, who is in need of a special chin-operated wheelchair.
He was paralysed from the neck down as a result of an accident.
The qualifying rounds will take place at H20 Wisbech on Chapel Road next Saturday October 24 and Saturday November 7, both starting at 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £4 per player.
There will also be two raffles and an auction on the night of the main event.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’