Charity darts exhibition, featuring Bobby and Richie George, hopes to fund special wheelchair for paralysed Wisbech man - qualifiers start next weekend!
- Credit: Archant
David Pearce, of Wisbech, has organised a charity darts exhibition to be held next month with the first of two qualifying rounds starting next weekend. C
The main event will feature TV presenter and former professional darts player Bobby ‘the King of Bling’ George and his son Richie ‘Rich’ George, who is following in his father’s footsteps.
It aims to raise money for local charity, Wisbech Winks Wheels, which helps to fund local man Paul Furness, who is in need of a special chin-operated wheelchair.
He was paralysed from the neck down as a result of an accident.
The qualifying rounds will take place at H20 Wisbech on Chapel Road next Saturday October 24 and Saturday November 7, both starting at 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £4 per player.
There will also be two raffles and an auction on the night of the main event.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 9 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online