Charity darts exhibition, featuring Bobby and Richie George, hopes to fund special wheelchair for paralysed Wisbech man - qualifiers start next weekend!
- Credit: Archant
David Pearce, of Wisbech, has organised a charity darts exhibition to be held next month with the first of two qualifying rounds starting next weekend. C
The main event will feature TV presenter and former professional darts player Bobby ‘the King of Bling’ George and his son Richie ‘Rich’ George, who is following in his father’s footsteps.
It aims to raise money for local charity, Wisbech Winks Wheels, which helps to fund local man Paul Furness, who is in need of a special chin-operated wheelchair.
He was paralysed from the neck down as a result of an accident.
The qualifying rounds will take place at H20 Wisbech on Chapel Road next Saturday October 24 and Saturday November 7, both starting at 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £4 per player.
There will also be two raffles and an auction on the night of the main event.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Emporium takes business to next level
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 8 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k