Coffee morning brews up more than £900 for charity in Gorefield
- Credit: Archant
It was a time to talk and have a biscuit over a cup of coffee as more than £900 was raised for charity in Gorefield.
Marie Humphrey held her annual Macmillan Cancer Support coffee morning to raise £972 for the charity.
Marie was supported by family and friends and presented to money to Adele and Trevor Wright who represent the Macmillan in the local area.
At the presentation Marie thanked everyone that had helped out or supported the event in anyway to make it such a huge success.
This summer, Marie also organised a garden party to raise money for charity in aid of Addenbrooke's Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Kind-hearted neighbours and friends donated more than £1,500 to her cause.
Teas, coffee, sausage rolls and cake were dished up as children could enjoy party games, stalls and a bouncy castle.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
Live music was also performed during the day.