Coffee morning brews up more than £900 for charity in Gorefield
- Credit: Archant
It was a time to talk and have a biscuit over a cup of coffee as more than £900 was raised for charity in Gorefield.
Marie Humphrey held her annual Macmillan Cancer Support coffee morning to raise £972 for the charity.
Marie was supported by family and friends and presented to money to Adele and Trevor Wright who represent the Macmillan in the local area.
At the presentation Marie thanked everyone that had helped out or supported the event in anyway to make it such a huge success.
This summer, Marie also organised a garden party to raise money for charity in aid of Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Kind-hearted neighbours and friends donated more than £1,500 to her cause.
Teas, coffee, sausage rolls and cake were dished up as children could enjoy party games, stalls and a bouncy castle.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 9 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 10 Village shop hit by ram raiders
Live music was also performed during the day.