Coffee morning brews up more than £900 for charity in Gorefield
- Credit: Archant
It was a time to talk and have a biscuit over a cup of coffee as more than £900 was raised for charity in Gorefield.
Marie Humphrey held her annual Macmillan Cancer Support coffee morning to raise £972 for the charity.
Marie was supported by family and friends and presented to money to Adele and Trevor Wright who represent the Macmillan in the local area.
At the presentation Marie thanked everyone that had helped out or supported the event in anyway to make it such a huge success.
This summer, Marie also organised a garden party to raise money for charity in aid of Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Kind-hearted neighbours and friends donated more than £1,500 to her cause.
Teas, coffee, sausage rolls and cake were dished up as children could enjoy party games, stalls and a bouncy castle.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 9 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 10 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
Live music was also performed during the day.