Coffee morning brews up more than £900 for charity in Gorefield
- Credit: Archant
It was a time to talk and have a biscuit over a cup of coffee as more than £900 was raised for charity in Gorefield.
Marie Humphrey held her annual Macmillan Cancer Support coffee morning to raise £972 for the charity.
Marie was supported by family and friends and presented to money to Adele and Trevor Wright who represent the Macmillan in the local area.
At the presentation Marie thanked everyone that had helped out or supported the event in anyway to make it such a huge success.
This summer, Marie also organised a garden party to raise money for charity in aid of Addenbrooke's Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Kind-hearted neighbours and friends donated more than £1,500 to her cause.
Teas, coffee, sausage rolls and cake were dished up as children could enjoy party games, stalls and a bouncy castle.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
Live music was also performed during the day.