Charity bingo evening in Wisbech raises £1,000 for Little Miracles Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A charity bingo evening held at Wisbech St Mary’s Community Centre raised £1,000 for Little Miracles earlier this month.
Lisa Pearson organised the fundraiser with the help of her niece, Annie Woods, and her sister, Maxine Cottrill.
The money raised will go towards the sensory garden project at the Queen Mary’s Centre in Wisbech. The project aims to provide a safe and stimulating environment for families.
Lisa, who is a youth and family worker, said: “It’s truly amazing what a community can achieve when we come together. I would like to thank everyone who supported us.
“Most of the prizes were donated by local businesses, friends and family members.
You may also want to watch:
“We held a raffle, tombola and provided light snacks and refreshments at a small cost.
“There was great support which enabled us to raise £900, then to round the sum off my son Clint Pearson - who lives and works in London - saw my Facebook post and donated £100 to make the total raised from the bingo £1,000.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
The Fenland charity supports families and children with additional needs and life-limiting conditions.