Charity bid by Wisbech firm of solicitors to help celebrate 225 years of the business
LOCAL solicitors Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar are celebrating 225 continuous years in practice, which started in 1784 with the founder Charles Metcalfe. As part of the celebrations staff at the Wisbech office is holding a number of fund raising events to s
LOCAL solicitors Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar are celebrating 225 continuous years in practice, which started in 1784 with the founder Charles Metcalfe.
As part of the celebrations staff at the Wisbech office is holding a number of fund raising events to support the War Heroes charity.
Steve Welcomme, managing partner, said: "It's our way of thanking the community and our clients for their support over the years and to thank those who give so much of themselves in service of this country".
There will be a balloon race with Lance Corporal Matthew Kingston of the 40 Commando Royal Marines releasing them at 3 pm on September 10 outside the offices in York Row. Balloons are �1 each and there is �100 worth of Argos vouchers for the winner.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to support this fund raising activity and would like to either provide sponsorship, make a donation or buy a balloon, please call into the reception at our Wisbech office or telephone 01945 428014.
Mr Welcomme said: "We are also calling on all former members of staff who are invited to attend a function on September 10.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 4 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 10 Rescue mission to save cows stuck in river
"There will be a display of the Firm's history in the library where the gathering will take place, followed by the balloon release at 3 p.m. when we will retire to the garden, weather permitting, for a celebratory drink.
"If you are a former member of staff and would like to participate, can you please contact Sue Loosely.