Charity auction raises £2,100 for Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A charity auction in Wisbech has raised more than £2,000 for Meadowgate Academy.
Money raised from the event, which was held on Friday, will go towards funding Meadowfest, buying equipment and enabling trips for the school’s students to go on during the summer.
“It went fantastically,” said teaching assistant Caroline Rae, who organised the auction.
“The Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech C came and they were amazing, opening the auction for me.
“The auctioneer Jody Betts was great, too. She really kept everybody going and the atmosphere was just brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had great support from a lot of celebrities and even sports clubs – Manchester United donated a signed pennant for us to auction off. It was sold for £200.
“We are still waiting on a few bits, but so far £2,100 has been raised. The Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Steve Tierney is donating another £100 as well as Fen Catering, who came and ran a fantastic chip van. They also donated to the raffle.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Town rallies in fight for new hospital