Charity auction raises £2,100 for Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A charity auction in Wisbech has raised more than £2,000 for Meadowgate Academy.
Money raised from the event, which was held on Friday, will go towards funding Meadowfest, buying equipment and enabling trips for the school’s students to go on during the summer.
“It went fantastically,” said teaching assistant Caroline Rae, who organised the auction.
“The Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech C came and they were amazing, opening the auction for me.
“The auctioneer Jody Betts was great, too. She really kept everybody going and the atmosphere was just brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had great support from a lot of celebrities and even sports clubs – Manchester United donated a signed pennant for us to auction off. It was sold for £200.
“We are still waiting on a few bits, but so far £2,100 has been raised. The Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Steve Tierney is donating another £100 as well as Fen Catering, who came and ran a fantastic chip van. They also donated to the raffle.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Emporium takes business to next level
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 8 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages