Charity auction raises £2,100 for Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A charity auction in Wisbech has raised more than £2,000 for Meadowgate Academy.
Money raised from the event, which was held on Friday, will go towards funding Meadowfest, buying equipment and enabling trips for the school’s students to go on during the summer.
“It went fantastically,” said teaching assistant Caroline Rae, who organised the auction.
“The Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech C came and they were amazing, opening the auction for me.
“The auctioneer Jody Betts was great, too. She really kept everybody going and the atmosphere was just brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had great support from a lot of celebrities and even sports clubs – Manchester United donated a signed pennant for us to auction off. It was sold for £200.
“We are still waiting on a few bits, but so far £2,100 has been raised. The Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Steve Tierney is donating another £100 as well as Fen Catering, who came and ran a fantastic chip van. They also donated to the raffle.”
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home