Man, 30, charged after reports of assault and ‘worst case’ of drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A man from the Fens has been charged with driving offences following the “worst case of driving I have ever seen from a drink driver”, according to cops.
Mindaugas Kancas of Trinity Road in Wisbech has been charged with failing to provide a breath sample and driving without a licence or insurance.
The 30-year-old was stopped at around midday on Friday, May 29 after an officer spotted him driving a Ford MPV on the wrong side of the road down Clarkson Avenue.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “He has been charged after being arrested on suspicion of drink driving and a domestic assault on May 29.
“Mindaugas has since been charged with failing to provide a breath sample and driving without a licence or insurance.
You may also want to watch:
“This was the worse case of driving I have seen from a drink driver!
“An officer stopped the vehicle and the driver was drunk, he refused to provide a sample of breath at the road side.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
Kancas has been bailed to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on July 9.