Man, 30, charged after reports of assault and ‘worst case’ of drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A man from the Fens has been charged with driving offences following the “worst case of driving I have ever seen from a drink driver”, according to cops.
Mindaugas Kancas of Trinity Road in Wisbech has been charged with failing to provide a breath sample and driving without a licence or insurance.
The 30-year-old was stopped at around midday on Friday, May 29 after an officer spotted him driving a Ford MPV on the wrong side of the road down Clarkson Avenue.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “He has been charged after being arrested on suspicion of drink driving and a domestic assault on May 29.
“Mindaugas has since been charged with failing to provide a breath sample and driving without a licence or insurance.
You may also want to watch:
“This was the worse case of driving I have seen from a drink driver!
“An officer stopped the vehicle and the driver was drunk, he refused to provide a sample of breath at the road side.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Kancas has been bailed to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on July 9.