Man, 30, charged after reports of assault and ‘worst case’ of drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A man from the Fens has been charged with driving offences following the “worst case of driving I have ever seen from a drink driver”, according to cops.
Mindaugas Kancas of Trinity Road in Wisbech has been charged with failing to provide a breath sample and driving without a licence or insurance.
The 30-year-old was stopped at around midday on Friday, May 29 after an officer spotted him driving a Ford MPV on the wrong side of the road down Clarkson Avenue.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “He has been charged after being arrested on suspicion of drink driving and a domestic assault on May 29.
“Mindaugas has since been charged with failing to provide a breath sample and driving without a licence or insurance.
“This was the worse case of driving I have seen from a drink driver!
“An officer stopped the vehicle and the driver was drunk, he refused to provide a sample of breath at the road side.”
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 8 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 9 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
Kancas has been bailed to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on July 9.