Man, 30, charged after reports of assault and ‘worst case’ of drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A man from the Fens has been charged with driving offences following the “worst case of driving I have ever seen from a drink driver”, according to cops.
Mindaugas Kancas of Trinity Road in Wisbech has been charged with failing to provide a breath sample and driving without a licence or insurance.
The 30-year-old was stopped at around midday on Friday, May 29 after an officer spotted him driving a Ford MPV on the wrong side of the road down Clarkson Avenue.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “He has been charged after being arrested on suspicion of drink driving and a domestic assault on May 29.
“Mindaugas has since been charged with failing to provide a breath sample and driving without a licence or insurance.
You may also want to watch:
“This was the worse case of driving I have seen from a drink driver!
“An officer stopped the vehicle and the driver was drunk, he refused to provide a sample of breath at the road side.”
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown
Kancas has been bailed to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on July 9.