Chair cheer for Amy
Queen s School student Amy Herman (right) has been named the first chairman of Fenland Youth District Council. Amy, 15, was elected from six candidates at Wednesday s first proper meeting of the youth council after they all presented themselves to fellow
Queen's School student Amy Herman (right) has been named the first chairman of Fenland Youth District Council.
Amy, 15, was elected from six candidates at Wednesday's first proper meeting of the youth council after they all presented themselves to fellow councillors before a vote took place.
Amy said: "I am looking to getting to know everyone on the council and getting the younger generation's voices heard."
Her vice-chairman will be 15-year-old Emily Allington, from Neale-Wade Community
You may also want to watch:
College, March, who said: "I really want to help improve Fenland and make it happen for young people."
The meeting, held in Fenland Hall's council chamber, saw youth members talking about Local Democracy Week, from October 16-20. They also moved to be involved with a questionnaire about sports facilities for younger people across Fenland.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident