CCTV catches drink driver red handed in Chapel Road, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
CCTV helped catch a drink driver in Wisbech over the weekend.
Cameras in Chapel Road car park captured a man drinking alcohol next to a red Volvo S40, before he got into the driver’s seat and drove off on Saturday (June 3).
Camera operators informed the police and they quickly stopped the vehicle. A breath test was carried out and it was discovered that the driver was almost twice the legal limit. He gave a reading of 61, with the limit standing at 35.
A police spokesman said: “The driver has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving, driving with no insurance and no licence. The vehicle has been seized under section 165 of the Road Traffic Act.”
The police then posted the story on Facebook, prompting a number of comments from the public.
You may also want to watch:
One said: “Well done – another idiot off the road before they kill someone. Why oh why don’t they get it into their thick skulls that you do not drive if you are going to drink?”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft