CCTV catches drink driver red handed in Chapel Road, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
CCTV helped catch a drink driver in Wisbech over the weekend.
Cameras in Chapel Road car park captured a man drinking alcohol next to a red Volvo S40, before he got into the driver’s seat and drove off on Saturday (June 3).
Camera operators informed the police and they quickly stopped the vehicle. A breath test was carried out and it was discovered that the driver was almost twice the legal limit. He gave a reading of 61, with the limit standing at 35.
A police spokesman said: “The driver has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving, driving with no insurance and no licence. The vehicle has been seized under section 165 of the Road Traffic Act.”
The police then posted the story on Facebook, prompting a number of comments from the public.
You may also want to watch:
One said: “Well done – another idiot off the road before they kill someone. Why oh why don’t they get it into their thick skulls that you do not drive if you are going to drink?”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47