Emneth catering firm delivers Easter treats for those struggling amid coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
A catering and cake company in Emneth has cooked and delivered Easter lunches for those struggling in isolation during the coronavirus pandemic.
Sweet Things Savoury prepared an Easter Sunday lunch full of traditional favourites, including a chocolate tart for dessert and a hot cross bun in the evening.
Since opening last month, owner Ginny Skeels and her team have been cooking and delivering up to 40 meals a day for people in and around Wisbech to help those who cannot cook for themselves, need a treat or just a change of menu.
Ginny said: “We had intended to launch this service in May. However, events rather overtook us, and it seemed there were a lot of local people who needed our help sooner rather than later.
“We wanted to do something extra special for Easter, so we created a special Easter Sunday set menu of roast pork with all the trimmings, a salted honey fudge and chocolate tart for dessert and a hot cross bun for teatime.”
You may also want to watch:
Customers have already taken to social media to share their thoughts on the Easter lunch. One said they “just had the most beautiful meal”, while another wrote they were “too full to eat the pudding, so will save that for later!”
With a wealth of experience in baking, Ginny is stepping into the catering industry and an eye to benefit those in the community she is serving.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Ginny’s home delivery service has acted as a lifeline for those most in need, and with pubs, cafes and restaurants across Fenland forced to close, providing a taste of joy may never have been more important.
She said: “Our delivery service means we can now deliver home-cooked, delicious meals to anyone who has an appetite but not the energy or desire to cook for themselves, delivered every lunchtime seven days a week, ready to eat then and there with no preparation or cooking required.
“Everything we make is made from scratch with love and it was a menu we really enjoyed cooking.”
Sweet Things Savoury delivers within an eight-mile radius of Wisbech.
For more information on the service or to request a menu, call Ginny on 01945 474594, email email@example.com or visit their Facebook page at Sweet Things Savoury.
What are you doing to help others during the coronavirus pandemic? Let us know - email Daniel.Mason@archant.co.uk.