Caterer’s fundraising pays for Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech to get life-saving defibrillator
- Credit: Archant
A life-saving piece of equipment, which will benefit the whole community, has been donated to Thomas Clarkson Academy TCA).
Mags Etherington, manager of Fenland Catering Service, presented a defibrillator to principal Clare Claxton and head of History Lucy-Beth Heighton.
Mrs Etherington raised £800 for the machine through events at Wisbech Rugby Club where she is also catering manager.
She said: “We did first aid training at Wisbech Rugby Club and thought it would be a good idea to get one. I run lunches where 20 to 40 ladies get together and have a meal. Any money we made from our raffles went towards this.”
An Automated Electronic Defibrillator is a portable defibrillator designed for people with no medical background.
You may also want to watch:
Voice commands and screen messages will guide the user step-by-step through the process of resuscitating someone who has suffered a cardiac arrest.
Principal Clare Claxton said: “There are 1,500 people in the building during the day at TCA and hundreds come and go in the evening through our evening community lettings.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
“I hope we never have cause to use the defibrillator but it’s fantastic to know it is there. It is so easy to use as once the lid is open the machine has voice activated instructions. What an amazing piece of equipment.”