P-awesome cat show with fur-midable entrants is mewsic to the ears of cat lovers from across the UK
- Credit: Archant
It was a purrfectly wonderful day when a cat show, that attracts animal lovers from across the UK, took place in Tydd St Giles.
More than 60 cats were preened to perfection to take part in the 17th Championship Cat Show for Exotic Short Hairs.
Organised by Barbara McEwen, of Cottage Cattery, the day attracted a good crowd.
Barbara said: “It was a brilliant day, a good happy atmosphere as always. A lovely crowd of cats and owners as well as visitors coming to admire the entrants.”
People came from as far as Yorkshire, Kent and London.
You may also want to watch:
There were 61 cats taking part in categories of Persians, exotic short hair and household pets.
Winners were: overall Persian Simcris Man On A Mission showed by Paula Sharpe from Lincolnshire. The overall exotic was Naboo Naughty But Nice showed by Steve Hannington and Paul Hardie of London.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 10 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
The best of the best of the pedigree winner was Naboo.
Best non pedigree household pet was silver tabby Shades of Grey with Mrs Dolling of Northamptonshire.
The best pedigree pet was Sodapop, a ragdoll, showed by Janet Newton of Holbeach Drove.
The first show organised by Barbara and her husband Stuart was held at the Isle College in 1996 and moved to the Queen Mary Centre, then the Hudson.
It has been held at the Tydd St Giles village hall for the last eight years.
Next year’s show is on January 11, 2020 at the Tydd St Giles Community Centre.