Cat from Wisbech runner-up in competition to find nation’s most photogenic pet
A CAT from Wisbech has been named as the runner-up in a competition which searched the nation to find the most photogenic pets.
The prize-winning photo of six year-old Monty relaxing in the sun, taken by his owner Sandy Jimson, was enough to secure second place in the competition held by vet charity PDSA.
Sandy said: “I’m thrilled that Monty’s picture has been recognised in PDSA’s photo competition. I have no problems taking lots of pictures of Monty, as soon as sees me with my camera he poses – typical male!
“Although he’s six-years-old, he’s never really grown up and is so playful. He loves to sit on his treetop platform watching the world go by.”
The charity launched a search for the most photogenic four-legged and feathered friends, calling on animal-lovers to submit snaps of their posing pets. Hundreds of entries were submitted to PDSA’s charity stores across the country and on its website.
You may also want to watch:
PDSA spokesperson Lisa Nickless said: “We were inundated with hundreds of fantastic photographs of posing pets. It’s obvious that the British public absolutely adore their pets.
“Thanks to everyone who entered and generously gave PDSA a donation. The money raised by the competition will help us care for sick and injured pets across the UK.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
National winners of the competition include a King Charles spaniel called Beci who bears an uncanny resemblance to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, and photogenic pet pooch Blaine who was captured running through a lake in Buckinghamshire.
Animal-lover Nicky Walton won the owner look-alike category, with a fantastic photo of her and her three-year-old Dachshund Tyler. The resemblance is remarkable, as they have the same flowing auburn hair and deep brown eyes. Winners received a digital camera and runners-up a PDSA goodie bag.
To see more winning entries in the 2010 Pets Gallery, please visit www.pdsa.org.uk/pets-gallery