Cat from Wisbech runner-up in competition to find nation’s most photogenic pet
A CAT from Wisbech has been named as the runner-up in a competition which searched the nation to find the most photogenic pets.
The prize-winning photo of six year-old Monty relaxing in the sun, taken by his owner Sandy Jimson, was enough to secure second place in the competition held by vet charity PDSA.
Sandy said: “I’m thrilled that Monty’s picture has been recognised in PDSA’s photo competition. I have no problems taking lots of pictures of Monty, as soon as sees me with my camera he poses – typical male!
“Although he’s six-years-old, he’s never really grown up and is so playful. He loves to sit on his treetop platform watching the world go by.”
The charity launched a search for the most photogenic four-legged and feathered friends, calling on animal-lovers to submit snaps of their posing pets. Hundreds of entries were submitted to PDSA’s charity stores across the country and on its website.
PDSA spokesperson Lisa Nickless said: “We were inundated with hundreds of fantastic photographs of posing pets. It’s obvious that the British public absolutely adore their pets.
“Thanks to everyone who entered and generously gave PDSA a donation. The money raised by the competition will help us care for sick and injured pets across the UK.”
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 7 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 8 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 9 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 10 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
National winners of the competition include a King Charles spaniel called Beci who bears an uncanny resemblance to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, and photogenic pet pooch Blaine who was captured running through a lake in Buckinghamshire.
Animal-lover Nicky Walton won the owner look-alike category, with a fantastic photo of her and her three-year-old Dachshund Tyler. The resemblance is remarkable, as they have the same flowing auburn hair and deep brown eyes. Winners received a digital camera and runners-up a PDSA goodie bag.
To see more winning entries in the 2010 Pets Gallery, please visit www.pdsa.org.uk/pets-gallery