Cat from Wisbech runner-up in competition to find nation’s most photogenic pet
A CAT from Wisbech has been named as the runner-up in a competition which searched the nation to find the most photogenic pets.
The prize-winning photo of six year-old Monty relaxing in the sun, taken by his owner Sandy Jimson, was enough to secure second place in the competition held by vet charity PDSA.
Sandy said: “I’m thrilled that Monty’s picture has been recognised in PDSA’s photo competition. I have no problems taking lots of pictures of Monty, as soon as sees me with my camera he poses – typical male!
“Although he’s six-years-old, he’s never really grown up and is so playful. He loves to sit on his treetop platform watching the world go by.”
The charity launched a search for the most photogenic four-legged and feathered friends, calling on animal-lovers to submit snaps of their posing pets. Hundreds of entries were submitted to PDSA’s charity stores across the country and on its website.
PDSA spokesperson Lisa Nickless said: “We were inundated with hundreds of fantastic photographs of posing pets. It’s obvious that the British public absolutely adore their pets.
“Thanks to everyone who entered and generously gave PDSA a donation. The money raised by the competition will help us care for sick and injured pets across the UK.”
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 9 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 10 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
National winners of the competition include a King Charles spaniel called Beci who bears an uncanny resemblance to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, and photogenic pet pooch Blaine who was captured running through a lake in Buckinghamshire.
Animal-lover Nicky Walton won the owner look-alike category, with a fantastic photo of her and her three-year-old Dachshund Tyler. The resemblance is remarkable, as they have the same flowing auburn hair and deep brown eyes. Winners received a digital camera and runners-up a PDSA goodie bag.
To see more winning entries in the 2010 Pets Gallery, please visit www.pdsa.org.uk/pets-gallery