‘Saddo’ thieves rip out and steal cash box from outdoor shopping centre childrens’ ride
- Credit: Alexandra Hancox
Thieves ripped out a cash box and destroyed the inside of a small childrens’ ride outside a Cambridgeshire bus station.
A blue ride-on van was left with exposed wires and debris was left all over the floor following the theft from the Horesefair Shopping Centre bus station in Wisbech.
Alexandra Hancox was waiting for a bus with her mother at around 1pm on Monday, March 30 when she noticed the damage to the coin-operated ride.
She said: “I looked over and saw wires and debris. Some saddo has destroyed it and stole the money out of it. You can’t have anything nice these days.
“It’s disgraceful that they have done it to a childs’ toy. No matter how desperate they are there are, people could have helped them.”
You may also want to watch:
After images of the damage were shared on social media, one resident said: “This was unnecessary as it [the cash box] should have been put away under the circumstances.
“But it’s still no excuse, this makes me cross.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family