‘Saddo’ thieves rip out and steal cash box from outdoor shopping centre childrens’ ride
- Credit: Alexandra Hancox
Thieves ripped out a cash box and destroyed the inside of a small childrens’ ride outside a Cambridgeshire bus station.
A blue ride-on van was left with exposed wires and debris was left all over the floor following the theft from the Horesefair Shopping Centre bus station in Wisbech.
Alexandra Hancox was waiting for a bus with her mother at around 1pm on Monday, March 30 when she noticed the damage to the coin-operated ride.
She said: “I looked over and saw wires and debris. Some saddo has destroyed it and stole the money out of it. You can’t have anything nice these days.
“It’s disgraceful that they have done it to a childs’ toy. No matter how desperate they are there are, people could have helped them.”
You may also want to watch:
After images of the damage were shared on social media, one resident said: “This was unnecessary as it [the cash box] should have been put away under the circumstances.
“But it’s still no excuse, this makes me cross.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager