Cash boost for Wisbech Lions Club and FACET thanks to Horsefair Shopping Centre’s car boot sale
- Credit: Archant
More than £500 was raised for two local groups at a monthly car boot sale at the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech.
The Wisbech Lions Club was given a £334.19 boost and FACET (Fenland Area Community Enterprise Trust) received £181.67 thanks to the two car boot sales, which were held on both May Bank Holiday weekends.
Kevin Smith, centre manager at the Horsefair, said: “I’d like to thank all the car booters and shoppers that attended our two events in support of these great charities.
“We raised over £500 – what an excellent result.”
“Wisbech Lions Club fundraises to help the schools, the elderly and much more within the local community and further afield.
You may also want to watch:
“And FACET helps adults with learning and other disabilities to achieve their full potential in life, providing opportunities for them to train and gain qualifications to achieve employment or work towards living independently.
FACET will be at the Horsefair’s summer fun day in August to entertain shoppers with a musical performance.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered