Cash boost for Wisbech Lions Club and FACET thanks to Horsefair Shopping Centre’s car boot sale
- Credit: Archant
More than £500 was raised for two local groups at a monthly car boot sale at the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech.
The Wisbech Lions Club was given a £334.19 boost and FACET (Fenland Area Community Enterprise Trust) received £181.67 thanks to the two car boot sales, which were held on both May Bank Holiday weekends.
Kevin Smith, centre manager at the Horsefair, said: “I’d like to thank all the car booters and shoppers that attended our two events in support of these great charities.
“We raised over £500 – what an excellent result.”
“Wisbech Lions Club fundraises to help the schools, the elderly and much more within the local community and further afield.
You may also want to watch:
“And FACET helps adults with learning and other disabilities to achieve their full potential in life, providing opportunities for them to train and gain qualifications to achieve employment or work towards living independently.
FACET will be at the Horsefair’s summer fun day in August to entertain shoppers with a musical performance.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000