Cartoon delight as character scarecrows pop up all over
CARTOON character scarecrows are starting to pop up all over Gorefield as entrants aim to impresses judges at the third Annual Scarecrow Festival.
Versions of Bill and Ben, The Honey Monster and Miss Piggy have already been spotted on the streets of the village.
Organisers still hope to build on the success of the previous two events after an increase from 29 entrants to 38 in last year’s competitions.
Numbers may be slightly down on previous events at the moment but the event runs until September 11 so there is plenty of opportunity for people to still take part.
Judges will be out during the week marking the entries on setting, visual impact, attention to detail and the likeness to the theme character.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public will also be able to judge and score the entries this year for the first time on a special ‘Scarerow Route’.
The trail starts at the playing field in Wolf Lane and will be open this Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, from 10am till 4pm each day.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
The results will be added to the judges scores and results and winners will be announced at the annual flower, vegetable and craft show on Saturday September 4.
For more details on either the Scarecrow Route or the annual show please call Marie on 01945 410436.