Cartoon delight as character scarecrows pop up all over
CARTOON character scarecrows are starting to pop up all over Gorefield as entrants aim to impresses judges at the third Annual Scarecrow Festival.
Versions of Bill and Ben, The Honey Monster and Miss Piggy have already been spotted on the streets of the village.
Organisers still hope to build on the success of the previous two events after an increase from 29 entrants to 38 in last year’s competitions.
Numbers may be slightly down on previous events at the moment but the event runs until September 11 so there is plenty of opportunity for people to still take part.
Judges will be out during the week marking the entries on setting, visual impact, attention to detail and the likeness to the theme character.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public will also be able to judge and score the entries this year for the first time on a special ‘Scarerow Route’.
The trail starts at the playing field in Wolf Lane and will be open this Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, from 10am till 4pm each day.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
The results will be added to the judges scores and results and winners will be announced at the annual flower, vegetable and craft show on Saturday September 4.
For more details on either the Scarecrow Route or the annual show please call Marie on 01945 410436.