Wisbech care home has an Easter to remember after generous donations from homeless charity
- Credit: Archant
A care home in Wisbech had an Easter to remember after receiving generous donations over the bank holiday weekend.
It was smiles all round for residents at Lyncroft Care Home, who were able to tuck into a range of Easter eggs donated by homeless charity 50 Backpacks, as well as handmade cards.
Not only that, staff and residents at the home on Clarkson Avenue marked the celebrations by sporting some of their finest Easter decorations, from hats to the traditional bunny ears.
Writing on their Facebook page, Lyncroft Care Home said: “What a wonderful weekend the residents have had. Oodles of chocolate and Easter bunny fun.
“Thank you so very much from all of the residents at Lyncroft for your wonderful donation of Easter Eggs this weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
In response, 50 Backpacks said: “So good to see the smiles, makes it all worthwhile.”
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault