National care accolade for manager of Hickathrift House
- Credit: Archant
A manager of a Marshland St James care home has won a national award for her “incredible dedication” out of more than 1,500 nominations from across the UK.
Ceri Mills, general manager at Hickathrift House, was crowned winner of the ‘apprentice/learner of the year’ category at the 2018 Barchester Care Awards on October 11.
The awards celebrated staff and volunteers who go the extra mile for the benefit of individuals living in Barchester care homes.
Ceri said: “I was overwhelmed to win the divisional title, so to win the National title was just incredible.
“We had a fantastic day with some amazing people. I am truly honoured to have been part of the day and would like to say a special thank you to Barchester and the Hickathrift team for all of their support.”
You may also want to watch:
After being named as the divisional winner of the Central region, Ceri had a telephone interview with a panel of judges.
She then joined the other divisional winners from across the UK at a special awards ceremony in Manchester to celebrate their achievements.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
Ioana Pop, senior regional director, said: “This is an amazing achievement and the whole home is so proud of Ceri. She has shown a great amount of personal growth and improvement, not to mention incredible dedication to her home.”
Hickathrift House care home is run by Barchester Healthcare, one of the UK’s largest care providers, which is committed to delivering personalised care across its care homes and hospitals.
They provide residential care and dementia care for 52 residents from respite care to long term stays.