National care accolade for manager of Hickathrift House
- Credit: Archant
A manager of a Marshland St James care home has won a national award for her “incredible dedication” out of more than 1,500 nominations from across the UK.
Ceri Mills, general manager at Hickathrift House, was crowned winner of the ‘apprentice/learner of the year’ category at the 2018 Barchester Care Awards on October 11.
The awards celebrated staff and volunteers who go the extra mile for the benefit of individuals living in Barchester care homes.
Ceri said: “I was overwhelmed to win the divisional title, so to win the National title was just incredible.
“We had a fantastic day with some amazing people. I am truly honoured to have been part of the day and would like to say a special thank you to Barchester and the Hickathrift team for all of their support.”
You may also want to watch:
After being named as the divisional winner of the Central region, Ceri had a telephone interview with a panel of judges.
She then joined the other divisional winners from across the UK at a special awards ceremony in Manchester to celebrate their achievements.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
Ioana Pop, senior regional director, said: “This is an amazing achievement and the whole home is so proud of Ceri. She has shown a great amount of personal growth and improvement, not to mention incredible dedication to her home.”
Hickathrift House care home is run by Barchester Healthcare, one of the UK’s largest care providers, which is committed to delivering personalised care across its care homes and hospitals.
They provide residential care and dementia care for 52 residents from respite care to long term stays.