Care home considered again
PLANS for a 19-bedroom care home, which Fenland Council rejected less than three months ago, is back in the frame for approval next week. Planning officials are seeking approval for the scheme which was overturned by the council s planning committee. Esse
PLANS for a 19-bedroom care home, which Fenland Council rejected less than three months ago, is back in the frame for approval next week.
Planning officials are seeking approval for the scheme which was overturned by the council's planning committee.
Essex-based Medcam wants to convert Willow Lodge, in Fitton End Road, Gorefield, into a care home for adults with learning disabilities who have mental health difficulties and/or long-term complex needs.
Planning officer Christopher Peckett says the application is back on the agenda following "further supporting information on the need for this facility" has been given to the council. He feels the council should support the home.
You may also want to watch:
However, the application will face criticism from residents, 14 of whom sent letters of objection. Residents of 16 properties have also sent a petition to the council.
The letters say the development in an isolated hamlet would jeopardise the community's peace and security.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
Residents say they have no objection to a care home for the elderly but have misgivings about the proposals which they claim "lack clarification".