Arson attack in Wisbech destroys caravan
- Credit: Archant
A caravan has been destroyed in an arson attack in Wisbech.
The incident happened just after 6am yesterday (January 15) in Money Bank.
Pictures posted on social media show the inside of the caravan left with burnt cupboard doors and charred remains of furniture.
Emma Cave Gavin Chilton, who wrote in the post that the caravan belonged to her grandmother, asked for anyone with CCTV in Money Bank, Bush Lane or Boyce’s Road to help find out who did it.
She added: “I was also told by a neighbour that two females and a male were seen hovering around the caravan as the neighbour’s dog was barking.”
You may also want to watch:
The post has been shared more than 80 times.
Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, before returning to their station by 8.10am.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
A police spokesperson said: “We were called at 6.27am today (January 16) with reports of a caravan on fire in Money Bank, Wisbech.
“The incident is being treated as arson.
“Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting incident number 45 of January 17 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.”