Arsonists set fire to car in field close to B1101 in Friday Bridge
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a car and left it ablaze in a field close to the B1101 in Friday Bridge.
One crew arrived at 6.53pm on Wednesday January 8 to find the car well alight in a field approximately 200 metres from the road.
Firefighters left the car to burn out as they were unable to extinguish it due to the location.
The crew returned to their station by 7.40pm.
The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate said a Cambs Fire spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Then on Thursday morning (January 9) a crew from Dogsthorpe and another from Stanground were called to a separate lorry fire on the A605 near Haddon.
Crews arrived to find a tractor unit and a lorry well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 6.55am.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 6 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 7 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 8 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 9 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 10 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.