Arsonists set fire to car in field close to B1101 in Friday Bridge
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a car and left it ablaze in a field close to the B1101 in Friday Bridge.
One crew arrived at 6.53pm on Wednesday January 8 to find the car well alight in a field approximately 200 metres from the road.
Firefighters left the car to burn out as they were unable to extinguish it due to the location.
The crew returned to their station by 7.40pm.
The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate said a Cambs Fire spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Then on Thursday morning (January 9) a crew from Dogsthorpe and another from Stanground were called to a separate lorry fire on the A605 near Haddon.
Crews arrived to find a tractor unit and a lorry well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 6.55am.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 5 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.