Driver escapes serious injury after car lands on roof in busy Fenland road crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver miraculously escaped serious injury after their car landed on its roof following a crash on a busy Fenland road during rush hour.
Two cars, a blue Volkswagen and blue Peugeot, collided on Churchill Road and its junction with Weasenham Lane in Wisbech on Wednesday, July 8.
The incident happened at around 5.30pm and the road was forced shut for a number of hours while the vehicles were recovered.
Dramatic pictures from the scene taken by an eyewitness show a police road block in place and the blue Peugeot upside down in the middle of the road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 5.30pm yesterday to Churchill Road, Wisbech with reports of a collision involving two vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
“A blue Volkswagen and a blue Peugeot, the Peugeot was on it’s roof. The road had to be closed for a couple of hours while the vehicles were recovered.
“Fire and ambulance also attended. No reports of serious injury.”
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time