Car left abandoned after crashing into Clough’s Cross Bridge at Parson Drove - just two weeks after woman was rescued from river
- Credit: Archant
A vehicle that is thought to have been stolen was left abandoned near Parson Drove this morning after it crashed into Clough’s Cross Bridge.
It comes just two weeks after a woman had to be rescued when her car careered through protective railings around the same bridge.
Steve Jones, who rescued the woman and witnessed this morning’s crash, said: “It happened this morning at 2.30am in the rain.
“The car struck a perturbing bollard on the bridge; these bollards are not marked or painted so they pose a great risk as the bridge is narrow.”
A police spokesman said of this morning’s crash: “We were called to the incident at around 2am to find a silver Vauxhall Corsa crashed into Clough Cross Bridge near Parson Drove.
You may also want to watch:
“The car had been abandoned and there was no sign of the motorist.
“Officers contacted the registered owner and it seems like the vehicle had been stolen.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
“There was minimal damage to the bridge – just a few scrapes.
“Anyone with information should call police on 101.”