Driver miraculously escapes serious injury after car leaves carriageway in major crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver somehow managed to escape serious injury after their car left the A47 in a two-vehicle crash, causing extensive exterior damage.
The crash happened on the main stretch of Fenland road near Wisbech on Thursday, November 12 at around midday, resulting in major delays.
Part of the road was forced shut by police officers after the crash which left one of the cars crumpled in a nearby field.
Pictures were released by police on social media which show the damage; bent bodywork and a shattered front windscreen can be seen.
Both drivers miraculously escaped serious injury and, after being checked over by the East of England Ambulance service, required no treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “At 11:52 hours all three emergency services attended a two vehicle RTC on the A47 near to Wisbech.
“One vehicle left the carriageway.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
“Drivers did not need any medical treatment and the vehicles were recovered at the scene.
“The road was closed for a short time.”