Driver miraculously escapes serious injury after car leaves carriageway in major crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver somehow managed to escape serious injury after their car left the A47 in a two-vehicle crash, causing extensive exterior damage.
The crash happened on the main stretch of Fenland road near Wisbech on Thursday, November 12 at around midday, resulting in major delays.
Part of the road was forced shut by police officers after the crash which left one of the cars crumpled in a nearby field.
Pictures were released by police on social media which show the damage; bent bodywork and a shattered front windscreen can be seen.
Both drivers miraculously escaped serious injury and, after being checked over by the East of England Ambulance service, required no treatment.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “At 11:52 hours all three emergency services attended a two vehicle RTC on the A47 near to Wisbech.
“One vehicle left the carriageway.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 4 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 7 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 8 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 10 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
“Drivers did not need any medical treatment and the vehicles were recovered at the scene.
“The road was closed for a short time.”