Driver miraculously escapes serious injury after car leaves carriageway in major crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver somehow managed to escape serious injury after their car left the A47 in a two-vehicle crash, causing extensive exterior damage.
The crash happened on the main stretch of Fenland road near Wisbech on Thursday, November 12 at around midday, resulting in major delays.
Part of the road was forced shut by police officers after the crash which left one of the cars crumpled in a nearby field.
Pictures were released by police on social media which show the damage; bent bodywork and a shattered front windscreen can be seen.
Both drivers miraculously escaped serious injury and, after being checked over by the East of England Ambulance service, required no treatment.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “At 11:52 hours all three emergency services attended a two vehicle RTC on the A47 near to Wisbech.
“One vehicle left the carriageway.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 3 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 7 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 8 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 9 More than 1,000 children in need of fostering in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
“Drivers did not need any medical treatment and the vehicles were recovered at the scene.
“The road was closed for a short time.”