Driver miraculously escapes serious injury after car leaves carriageway in major crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver somehow managed to escape serious injury after their car left the A47 in a two-vehicle crash, causing extensive exterior damage.
The crash happened on the main stretch of Fenland road near Wisbech on Thursday, November 12 at around midday, resulting in major delays.
Part of the road was forced shut by police officers after the crash which left one of the cars crumpled in a nearby field.
Pictures were released by police on social media which show the damage; bent bodywork and a shattered front windscreen can be seen.
Both drivers miraculously escaped serious injury and, after being checked over by the East of England Ambulance service, required no treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “At 11:52 hours all three emergency services attended a two vehicle RTC on the A47 near to Wisbech.
“One vehicle left the carriageway.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
“Drivers did not need any medical treatment and the vehicles were recovered at the scene.
“The road was closed for a short time.”