Driver who crashed into wall in Wisbech had to be cut free by firefighters
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A driver who became trapped inside their car after colliding with a wall in Wisbech had to be cut free by firefighters from Fenland and Norfolk.
The driver was heading down Redmoor Lane at around 10am on Wednesday, February 20 before they crashed into a nearby wall – making it impossible for the driver to get out.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Crews arrived to find a car had collided with a wall, and one casualty was trapped inside the vehicle.
“Using specialist equipment, firefighters released the casualty, who was left in the care of the ambulance service. Crews returned to their stations by 11.30am.”
A unit from Wisbech and another from the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service joined forces to free the driver from the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “At 10.21am, one crew from Wisbech, and one crew from Outwell were called to the road traffic collision on Redmoor Lane.”
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 10 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail