Driver who crashed into wall in Wisbech had to be cut free by firefighters
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A driver who became trapped inside their car after colliding with a wall in Wisbech had to be cut free by firefighters from Fenland and Norfolk.
The driver was heading down Redmoor Lane at around 10am on Wednesday, February 20 before they crashed into a nearby wall – making it impossible for the driver to get out.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Crews arrived to find a car had collided with a wall, and one casualty was trapped inside the vehicle.
“Using specialist equipment, firefighters released the casualty, who was left in the care of the ambulance service. Crews returned to their stations by 11.30am.”
A unit from Wisbech and another from the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service joined forces to free the driver from the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “At 10.21am, one crew from Wisbech, and one crew from Outwell were called to the road traffic collision on Redmoor Lane.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years