Cannabis factory worth up to £35,000 uncovered during police raid
- Credit: Archant
A cannabis factory with a street value of up to £35,000 was uncovered during a police raid this morning in Wisbech St Mary.
Officers from the Rural Crime Action Team (RCAT) and the Northern Community Action Team (CAT) executed three warrants at plots on Sand Bank following a tip off from members of the public.
Approximately 70 cannabis plants were discovered with a street value of up to £35,000.
Four people have been interviewed and an investigation is ongoing.
RCAT sergeant Craig Flavell said: "We'd like to thank members of the public who called in with information relating to the above location.
You may also want to watch:
"These warrants this morning are a positive example of how members of the public reporting information to us makes a difference, and also shows the work our officers do off the back of that information.
"Sometimes a lot of work goes on behind the scenes that is not immediately obvious - but all information supplied to us helps us build a picture of what is happening in a specific area.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Matt Hancock faces calls to resign after allegation of affair with aide
"I would strongly urge anyone who suspects any suspicious activity in their area to please report it to us."
Anyone wishing to report suspicious activity in their area can report it by calling 101, or reporting online at www.cambs.police.uk/report. Always call 999 if a crime is in progress.