Cannabis factory with 130 plants worth more than £100,000 found in house
- Credit: Archant
A class-B drug factory containing cannabis plants worth more than £100,000 has been discovered by police inside a house.
Neighbourhood officers were executing a warrant at the property in Verdun Road in Wisbech when they found the hidden operation.
With a street value of up to £107,500, all 128 cannabis plants were seized after the discovery on Thursday morning (November 12).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “A cannabis factory worth up to £107,500 was discovered at a Wisbech house today.
“The local Neighbourhood Policing Team executed a warrant at the house in Verdun Road this morning where they found 128 cannabis plants.
You may also want to watch:
“No arrests have been made at this stage, however investigations are ongoing.
“Drugs and drug related crime can have a negative impact on our communities and its use can harm the health and safety of our residents.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
“Our officers are committed to tackling drug related issues within Cambridgeshire and we welcome any information you may have about drug use or dealing.
“To help keep our communities safe, we encourage you to look out for common signs of drug dealing and let us know if you see anything suspicious.”
Anyone with information about the production or supply of drugs can report it to police at: www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report-Shared/Report-information-about-crime