£10,000 drugs find during police ‘home visit’
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested on the streets of Wisbech led police to a cannabis factory at his home.
The suspected drug dealer was arrested in connection with the supply of class A drugs and cannabis production.
The 47-year-old from Elm near Wisbech was arrested by the local neighbourhood team last night (Sunday November1) in Clarkson Avenue at about 7.30pm.
A police spokesperson said: “Our officers had been alerted to a suspected drug deal and caught up with the car in question – when searching both the driver and the car, they found class A and B drugs.”
The man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs, and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to the Police Investigation Centre (PIC) in Kings Lynn where he remains.
A subsequent search was carried out at the man’s home address which uncovered a cannabis factory estimated to be worth more than £10,000.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
Anyone with information about drug dealing or production is urged to report it to police online at https://bit.ly/3mJQ8sT.