£10,000 drugs find during police ‘home visit’
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested on the streets of Wisbech led police to a cannabis factory at his home.
The suspected drug dealer was arrested in connection with the supply of class A drugs and cannabis production.
The 47-year-old from Elm near Wisbech was arrested by the local neighbourhood team last night (Sunday November1) in Clarkson Avenue at about 7.30pm.
A police spokesperson said: “Our officers had been alerted to a suspected drug deal and caught up with the car in question – when searching both the driver and the car, they found class A and B drugs.”
The man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs, and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to the Police Investigation Centre (PIC) in Kings Lynn where he remains.
A subsequent search was carried out at the man’s home address which uncovered a cannabis factory estimated to be worth more than £10,000.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Anyone with information about drug dealing or production is urged to report it to police online at https://bit.ly/3mJQ8sT.