CAMBS: Local councils quick to reassure there will be no changes in concessionary bus passes
LOCAL councils are moving quickly to reassure residents in response to calls from the public about concessionary bus passes in Cambridgeshire. Following reports in the national media, many people who qualify for free travel have become concerned that they
LOCAL councils are moving quickly to reassure residents in response to calls from the public about concessionary bus passes in Cambridgeshire.
Following reports in the national media, many people who qualify for free travel have become concerned that they will no longer be able to go free on park and ride services in Cambridge or longer journeys.
So councils in Cambridgeshire have this week moved to reassure residents who qualify for the pass that arrangements in Cambridgeshire won't be changing.
Councillor Matt Bradney, Cabinet member for Transport at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "We have received a lot of calls over the last 24 hours from people who are very concerned that either they no longer qualify for free travel or they won't be able to use some services.
You may also want to watch:
"I can confirm that in Cambridgeshire nothing will change as of the 1st April.
"This means bus passengers with a pass will still be able to get on local services whether they be park and rides or picking up your local bus to town. We understand that some people are also concerned about travelling over longer distances with companies such as National Express.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 10 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
"As these services have never been included in the local Cambridgeshire scheme we would advise passengers to contact the operator directly before travel to find out the level of concession available."
If anyone would like further information regarding concessionary bus passes please contact: 01223 715588.