CAMBS: Local councils quick to reassure there will be no changes in concessionary bus passes
LOCAL councils are moving quickly to reassure residents in response to calls from the public about concessionary bus passes in Cambridgeshire. Following reports in the national media, many people who qualify for free travel have become concerned that they
LOCAL councils are moving quickly to reassure residents in response to calls from the public about concessionary bus passes in Cambridgeshire.
Following reports in the national media, many people who qualify for free travel have become concerned that they will no longer be able to go free on park and ride services in Cambridge or longer journeys.
So councils in Cambridgeshire have this week moved to reassure residents who qualify for the pass that arrangements in Cambridgeshire won't be changing.
Councillor Matt Bradney, Cabinet member for Transport at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "We have received a lot of calls over the last 24 hours from people who are very concerned that either they no longer qualify for free travel or they won't be able to use some services.
You may also want to watch:
"I can confirm that in Cambridgeshire nothing will change as of the 1st April.
"This means bus passengers with a pass will still be able to get on local services whether they be park and rides or picking up your local bus to town. We understand that some people are also concerned about travelling over longer distances with companies such as National Express.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
"As these services have never been included in the local Cambridgeshire scheme we would advise passengers to contact the operator directly before travel to find out the level of concession available."
If anyone would like further information regarding concessionary bus passes please contact: 01223 715588.