CAMBS COUNTY COUNCIL: The facts and figures of expenses and allowances
WHO claimed what and how much each councillor was entitled to is being publicised by Cambridgeshire County Council. Andy Allsop, head of communications, said today: With the current story over MPs expenses rumbling on, it will come as no surprise that me
WHO claimed what and how much each councillor was entitled to is being publicised by Cambridgeshire County Council.
Andy Allsop, head of communications, said today: "With the current story over MPs expenses rumbling on, it will come as no surprise that members of the public have been writing to and emailing the county council asking what the situation is with allowances and expenses for County Councillors.
"Indeed we are aware of prospective councillors who have been asked similar questions while out canvassing."
He said the details for the last but one financial year (07/08) is available via the county council's website here: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/council/
He added: "There is a link to the council's constitution which contains the fine detail on what may be claimed and by whom, and also a spreadsheet setting out individual allowances and expenses.
"Information for the financial year just passed (08/09) will be published next month within the normal time period associated with their publication.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home