CAMBS COUNTY COUNCIL: The facts and figures of expenses and allowances
WHO claimed what and how much each councillor was entitled to is being publicised by Cambridgeshire County Council. Andy Allsop, head of communications, said today: With the current story over MPs expenses rumbling on, it will come as no surprise that me
WHO claimed what and how much each councillor was entitled to is being publicised by Cambridgeshire County Council.
Andy Allsop, head of communications, said today: "With the current story over MPs expenses rumbling on, it will come as no surprise that members of the public have been writing to and emailing the county council asking what the situation is with allowances and expenses for County Councillors.
"Indeed we are aware of prospective councillors who have been asked similar questions while out canvassing."
He said the details for the last but one financial year (07/08) is available via the county council's website here: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/council/
You may also want to watch:
He added: "There is a link to the council's constitution which contains the fine detail on what may be claimed and by whom, and also a spreadsheet setting out individual allowances and expenses.
"Information for the financial year just passed (08/09) will be published next month within the normal time period associated with their publication.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom