CAMBS: Council Leader names her new Cabinet following this month's elections
THE Leader of Cambridgeshire County Council, Jill Tuck, has today revealed her new Cabinet following this month s elections. The eight councillors in the previous Cabinet have all retained their places, but with slightly different titles. But an additiona
THE Leader of Cambridgeshire County Council, Jill Tuck, has today revealed her new Cabinet following this month's elections.
The eight councillors in the previous Cabinet have all retained their places, but with slightly different titles.
But an additional role has been created - that of Economy and the Environment - and it has been filled by Sawston councillor Tony Orgee.
Cllr Tuck's new Cabinet is:
You may also want to watch:
• Councillor Mac McGuire (Norman Cross) - Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Highways and Access.
• Councillor Martin Curtis (Whittlesey North) - Cabinet Member for Children.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
• Councillor David Harty (Little Paxton and St Neots) - Cabinet Member for Learning.
• Councillor Fred Yeulett (March East) - Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care, Health and Wellbeing.
• Councillor Sir Peter Brown (Huntingdon) - Cabinet Member for Communities.
• Councillor Roy Pegram (St Ives) - Cabinet Member for Growth, Infrastructure and Strategic Planning.
• Councillor Tony Orgee (Sawston) - Cabinet Member for Economy and the Environment.
• Councillor John Reynolds (Bar Hill) - Cabinet Member for Resources and Performance.
• Councillor Steve Criswell (Somersham and Earith) - Cabinet Member for Customer Service and Transformation.
Cllr Tuck's announcement came after she was officially confirmed as the Leader of the county council at today's annual meeting.
Cllr Tuck said: "I am honoured to be elected as Leader of the County Council and I look forward to leading the authority through the many challenges it faces in the future.
"I believe this Cabinet is a winning team with a membership that has an excellent mix of skills and a total commitment to working extremely hard on behalf of the community throughout Cambridgeshire."
The annual meeting also elevated Bassingbourn Councillor Linda Oliver to Chairman of the Council (she was formerly Deputy Chairman) and elected Soham and Fordham Councillor John Powley as Deputy Chairman.
Cottenham, Histon and Impington Councillor David Jenkins will remain as Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group and Cherry Hinton Councillor Christine Carter has taken over as Leader of the Labour Group after former Labour Leader Paul Sales lost his seat in the June 4 election.