Meadowgate School student is voluntary police cadet of the year
- Credit: Archant
A student from Meadowgate School in Wisbech has been named voluntary police cadet of the year.
Kyron Tibbles was presented with a certificate for being voted as top cadet.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “Huge congratulations to Kyron Tibbles from Meadowgate Volunteer Police Cadets for winning cadet of the year 2018.
“The award is very well deserved and we are all extremely proud of Kyron.”
Cambridgeshire Police runs the volunteer cadet scheme with the aim of strengthening the voice of younger people in policing we well as steering those at risk of criminality away from a life of crime.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme encourages a spirit of adventure and good citizenship and can count towards formal qualifications and evidencing voluntary work for the Princes Trust or Duke of Edinburgh Award schemes.
• If you are aged 13-18 and interested in policing, then to find out more or apply to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured