Meadowgate School student is voluntary police cadet of the year
- Credit: Archant
A student from Meadowgate School in Wisbech has been named voluntary police cadet of the year.
Kyron Tibbles was presented with a certificate for being voted as top cadet.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “Huge congratulations to Kyron Tibbles from Meadowgate Volunteer Police Cadets for winning cadet of the year 2018.
“The award is very well deserved and we are all extremely proud of Kyron.”
Cambridgeshire Police runs the volunteer cadet scheme with the aim of strengthening the voice of younger people in policing we well as steering those at risk of criminality away from a life of crime.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme encourages a spirit of adventure and good citizenship and can count towards formal qualifications and evidencing voluntary work for the Princes Trust or Duke of Edinburgh Award schemes.
• If you are aged 13-18 and interested in policing, then to find out more or apply to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000