CAMBRIDGESHIRE: Police say that 5pm today they have dealt with a staggering 147 accidents
POLICE say that by 5pm today they had dealt with 147 accidents throughout Cambridgeshire. Cambs Police are reminding drivers to take care on the county s roads following a high number of road related calls this morning.Between midnight and midday there w
POLICE say that by 5pm today they had dealt with 147 accidents throughout Cambridgeshire.
Cambs Police are reminding drivers to take care on the county's roads following a high number of road related calls this morning.
Between midnight and midday there were 147 road related incidents across the county, the majority of which were connected with poor driving conditions.
Insp Alan Page said: "We dealt with a large number of road related incidents across the county this morning, the majority of which were connected to poor driving conditions.
You may also want to watch:
"It is vital that people drive to the conditions of the roads. Because of the low temperatures the road conditions have been far from ideal and although it may have looked like a bright day the roads were still icy."
During icy conditions motorists should:
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 9 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
n Reduce their speed.
n Stay in a high gear.
n Ensure tyre pressures and water levels are checked.
n Keep all mirrors and windows clear.
n Plan your journey and leave plenty of time to get to your destination.
n Avoid making hard accelerating, steering or braking.