CAMBRIDGESHIRE: Police say that 5pm today they have dealt with a staggering 147 accidents
POLICE say that by 5pm today they had dealt with 147 accidents throughout Cambridgeshire. Cambs Police are reminding drivers to take care on the county s roads following a high number of road related calls this morning.Between midnight and midday there w
POLICE say that by 5pm today they had dealt with 147 accidents throughout Cambridgeshire.
Cambs Police are reminding drivers to take care on the county's roads following a high number of road related calls this morning.
Between midnight and midday there were 147 road related incidents across the county, the majority of which were connected with poor driving conditions.
Insp Alan Page said: "We dealt with a large number of road related incidents across the county this morning, the majority of which were connected to poor driving conditions.
You may also want to watch:
"It is vital that people drive to the conditions of the roads. Because of the low temperatures the road conditions have been far from ideal and although it may have looked like a bright day the roads were still icy."
During icy conditions motorists should:
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
n Reduce their speed.
n Stay in a high gear.
n Ensure tyre pressures and water levels are checked.
n Keep all mirrors and windows clear.
n Plan your journey and leave plenty of time to get to your destination.
n Avoid making hard accelerating, steering or braking.