CAMBRIDGESHIRE: Police say that 5pm today they have dealt with a staggering 147 accidents
POLICE say that by 5pm today they had dealt with 147 accidents throughout Cambridgeshire. Cambs Police are reminding drivers to take care on the county s roads following a high number of road related calls this morning.Between midnight and midday there w
POLICE say that by 5pm today they had dealt with 147 accidents throughout Cambridgeshire.
Cambs Police are reminding drivers to take care on the county's roads following a high number of road related calls this morning.
Between midnight and midday there were 147 road related incidents across the county, the majority of which were connected with poor driving conditions.
Insp Alan Page said: "We dealt with a large number of road related incidents across the county this morning, the majority of which were connected to poor driving conditions.
You may also want to watch:
"It is vital that people drive to the conditions of the roads. Because of the low temperatures the road conditions have been far from ideal and although it may have looked like a bright day the roads were still icy."
During icy conditions motorists should:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Emporium takes business to next level
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 8 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
n Reduce their speed.
n Stay in a high gear.
n Ensure tyre pressures and water levels are checked.
n Keep all mirrors and windows clear.
n Plan your journey and leave plenty of time to get to your destination.
n Avoid making hard accelerating, steering or braking.