CAMBRIDGESHIRE: Police receive more than 200 calls about snowballs, as snow returns
CAMBRIDGESHIRE Police received more than 200 calls about people having snowballs thrown at them, according to figures released today. The police said a total of 1,300 phone calls were made to the force s control room and service centre, of which more than
CAMBRIDGESHIRE Police received more than 200 calls about people having snowballs thrown at them, according to figures released today.
The police said a total of 1,300 phone calls were made to the force's control room and service centre, of which more than 200 were snow-related.
A further 100 phone calls were made in relation to road conditions across the county.
The force has also received 176 calls this morning - 44 of which are road-related.
Snow continues to fall across the county, with roads starting to turn treacherous.
Superintendent George Barr said: "We are experiencing more heavy snowfall in the county today and our advice remains for those people to only drive in those areas if it is absolutely necessary."
- 1 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 6 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 7 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 10 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
So far today, three Fenland schools have announced closures - the Neale-Wade Community College in March did not open, Murrow Primary School closed at 10am and Sir Harry Smith Community College in Whittlesey will close at 11.30am.
It is currently unknown whether any schools will close early because of the snow.
The Met Office's warning of a high risk of severe weather remains in place. It is predicted to last until 3pm.
• Send your snow pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.