Group of children prank call police following ‘several hoax calls’
- Credit: Facebook/CambsCops
Police have recently recorded a spike in prank calls and are urging parents and carers to speak to the children about the dangers of hoax calls.
Over the last four days, Cambridgeshire Constabulary has received “several hoax calls”, including one from a group of children.
Audio from the phone call has been released on social media and officers say the group gave the handler abuse and even swore at them.
One resident said: “Hoping it wasn't a phone box they called on, and instead their phone so you can track it and hold them accountable.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Over the past four days we’ve sadly had several hoax calls, including this group of children and others who were abusive and swore at our call takers
You may also want to watch:
“Please help us help those truly in need and speak to your children about the dangers of hoax calls.”
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 7 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof