Police investigate emails sent to schools across the country, including those in the Fens, threatening to kill children this afternoon
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating to establish if a series of emails threatening to drive into children and open fire at them are a hoax.
Emails have been sent to schools across the country, including schools in the Fens.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “We are aware of a series of malicious communications to schools across the country this morning (Wednesday 28).
“Enquiries are being carried out to establish the facts and forces are working together, along with the National Crime Agency, to investigate who is responsible.”
The emails say that at 3.15pm a car will drive into as many students as possible as they try to leave.
You may also want to watch:
It says: “If you try and evacuate them the driver will get out and shoot any student leaving.
“You have a choice here, you can ignore this email and risk the lives of the students you say you care for, or you can listen to what we are telling you.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
“The only way out is to go out with a BANG.”
The email is signed off: “From your team PI3x13t.”